TONY SMALL and Lord Edward Fitzgerald: Exhibits and Maps

 

Exhibit 2: McKelvey brick house (c. 1800), Charles Fraser, A Charleston Sketchbook, 1796–1806, intro. by Alice R. Huger Smith. Rutland: Charles E. Tuttle, n.d 

 

Exhibit 1: Draper Manuscript,

6VV 321, State Historical Society of Wisconsin

 

Exhibit 3: Biggin Church, author’s photograph, 2010.

Map 2: “Remains of Old Brick House,” Eutaw Springs,

Sinkler Family of Eutaw Plantation, Caroliniana Library, Columbia, South Carolina.

 
map1.jpg

Map 1: Henry A.M. Smith, The Baronies of South Carolina, Raphoe Barony. Spartanburg: The Reprint Co., 1988, Vol. 1, p. 110.

Map 3: “Bourdel,” “Nelson’s Ferry,” and “Tavern,” William Faden and William Gerard DeBrahm, 1780

in John A. Robertson, et al., Global Gazetteer of the American Revolution. 

 
map4_edited.jpg
 

Map 4: “White’s Tavern,” and “Sinkler,” Charleston District, South Carolina,

surveyed by Charles Vignoles and Henry Ravenel, 1820, improved for Mills’ Atlas, 1825; Library of Congress; Charleston Public Library, South Carolina Room.

 

Map 5: “Negro Houses,” A Plan for tract of lands of William Sinkler, 20 May 1818,

Sinkler Family of Eutaw Plantation, Caroliniana Library, Columbia, South Carolina.

 

Map 6: Roger Chapman, Battle of Eutaw Springs, The Newsletter, Friends of the Green Howards Regimental Museum, September 1999, Issue 8, p. 9

map7.jpg
 

Map 7: Twelve military actions of Lord Edward Fitzgerald,

placed by the author on the Mouzon map, 1775.

 

Map 8: Edward McCrady, History of South Carolina, 1780–1783. London: MacMillan and Co., Ltd., Vol. 4, p. 481.

© 2020 Robert Ray Black